We are the UK’s leading financial services eLearning solutions provider delivering exceptional eLearning experiences through our award-winning learning platform.
We are looking for a talented and driven individual to join our Platform Development Team at Unicorn Training Group in Bournemouth. This role will require you to design, develop and maintain the Unicorn LMS to the highest quality in terms of design, creative approach and user experience, whilst working within an agile team using up-to-date modern industry standard architecture and technologies that are scalable, easily maintained and upgraded and delivered.
- Support near continuous deployment builds
- Enhance and expand the core features of the Unicorn LMS
- Work within the agreed development working practices of the team
- Respond to and manage support issues raised to second line and participate in investigation and issue resolution
- Continuously improve the underlying software
- Contribute appropriately to issue resolution given balance between service level agreements and project requirements
- Contribute to the production of releases for:
- Feaure Releases
- Interim bug-fix releases
- Roll out of release
- Review and support customer data feed setup and imports and single sign on when required
- Innovate and contribute to ongoing technical and process improvement
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement (retrospectives)
- Be committed to supporting the rest of the team in achieving team commitments
- Contribute to the Scrumban methodology by being an active team member being responsible for the delivery of user stories in a multi-disciplinary and agile manner
- Assist with ensuring code quality and high team skill-base by participating in pair-programming and similar forms of team support
- Documentation of working processes and platform architecture
- Ensure time is logged to improve Management Information and project profitability tracking and help with planning
Skills and Competencies
- C# (7+) and .NET Framework (4.6+)M
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft WebAPI
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Profiling
- Test Driven Development, NUnit, Integration Testing and Mocking
- Dependency Injection
- Software Design patterns
- Git version control
- Experience developing scalable web-based systems
- Understanding agile software development principles and practices
- Understanding technical issues and considerations and provide constructive feedback to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/project team.
Not all essential skills required to apply for this position, but should have an equivalent.
- Learning Management Systems
- TeamCity and MSBuild
The position comes with a competitive salary and a variety of benefits including a health care cash back plan, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
We will require references and an up-to-date CV. Fluent English is a must for this role as you will be interfacing with the rest of the business and clients and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Unicorn Training is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply – Please email JoinUs@unicorntraining.com entering PD001 into the subject line along with an up to date CV.